The portable solar power generator is a complete photovoltaic solar system with a battery, a power inverter, a battery monitor, and cables all within the same box. You can take it with you for camping, caravans, and for emergencies where the electricity goes out.
Also, it is perfect for charging electronic devices like smartphones, laptops, and other low powering devices safely. In this article, we have highlighted best portable solar power generators that have a reasonable price range and fulfill your demands. Please, have a look below:
How Long Do Solar Generators Last?
Solar generators are powered from the sunlight through solar panels. With proper care and maintenance, a solar generator lasts about 25 to 35 years and lose about 0.6% -0.7% of efficiency per year. The solar panels represent an excellent investment due to their longevity. The long life of solar panels is one of the most notable characteristics of a solar generator that withstand long periods of high temperatures, such as rain and hail.
Table of Content:
Here we have presented the table of content for your quick navigation:
- 5 Best Portable Solar Power Generators Reviews 2021
- 1. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500
- 2. Aeiusny Portable Solar Generator 500W 288WH UPS Power Station
- 3. 300W Solar Generator, FlashFish 60000mAh Portable Power Station
- 4. Generator Portable Power Station, NusGear 155Wh 42000mAh Camping Solar Generator
- 5. NEXPOW Portable Power Station, 178Wh Solar Generator
- What To Consider Before Buying A Portable Solar Power Generator?
If you want to see our selected products at a glance, you can go through the comparison chart below:
5 Best Portable Solar Power Generators Reviews 2021
Below we have reviewed 5 best portable solar power generators to ensure non-stop power supply during blackouts and outdoor activities. Let’s dive into it.
1. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500 is equipped with 24Ah lithium-ion battery that can output 500 watts running power and 1000 watts peak power. It supports 100 watts panel that takes 14 hours to charge the generator battery full, depending on the place and weather. For its large power capacity and 13 pounds low weight, you can easily take with you for camping, tailgating, CPAP projects, etc. For these advantages, it could be the best 500 watt solar generator.
The solar powered generator for camping, outdoor and indoor projects ensure safety through pure sine wave inverter that is suitable for low powering devices. The BMS system protects from over voltage, over current flow, and over-temperature protection. Without the solar panel, it can be charge from the home socket and car charging port within 8 to 16 hours. While running, the solar generator doesn’t make sounds, so that you can sleep with comfort.
You can run and charge up to several devices with the solar generator for a long time. For example, a 60 watts mini air cooler runs up to 37 hrs, 5 watts LED runs up to 45 hrs, TV up to 8 hrs, CPAP machine runs more than 30 hours and more on a full charge. After all, it can be considered as the best portable solar power generators.
Jackery Portable Power Features:
- It is equipped with a 24Ah lithium-ion battery that provides 500 watts power to 1000 watts peak power.
- The BMS and pure sine wave inverter ensure protection from over-voltage, over-current, and over temperature.
- On a full charge, it can run a TV for 8 hrs, mini cooler for 37 hrs, and CPAP machine for more than 30 hours.
- It can be charged up from a solar panel within 14 hrs, home socket within 8 hrs, and carports within 16 hrs.
- It weighs 13 pounds and provides a noise-free power supply that makes it more convenient.
2. Aeiusny Portable Solar Generator 500W 288WH UPS Power Station
Aeiusny Portable Solar Generator comes with a 24Ah powerful battery that provides 500 watts rated power through a 12V output adapter. It has 3 AC outlets, 4 DC ports, and 4 USB ports that allow supplying power to multiple devices at a time. The high capacity solar generator can charge a smartphone up to 40 times, laptop for more than 8 hrs, CPAP machines more than 28 hrs, and several electronic devices.
It can be charged up in 4 ways, and solar panel takes 8 to 12 hours, home outlet takes 8 to 10 hrs, the generator takes 8 to 10 hrs, and carport takes 12 hrs to full charge the solar generator. It supports 60 watts solar panel, and quality should be good. Also, its LED flashlight helps to survive in the dark area. The solar generator has a digital display that shows the power level.
It has pure sine wave technology that ensures protection from over-charge, short-circuit, over-voltage, and over-temperature, saving your low powering sensitive devices. It weighs only 7 pounds and has an ergonomic handle so you can carry it for supplying power at camping, tailgating, and RV projects; that why it could be the best solar generator for camping.
Aeiusny Portable Features:
- It has a 24Ah powerful lithium battery that provides 500 watts power supply.
- Its multiple AC, DC, and USB ports allow using several devices at a time.
- The 4 way solar generator charging systems make it a versatile generator.
- Pure sine wave technology ensures safety from over-voltage, short circuits, etc.
- It weighs only 7 pounds and easy to carry in the campsite, tailgating, and outdoor parties.
3. 300W Solar Generator, FlashFish 60000mAh Portable Power Station
Flashfish G300 portable power station comes with 60000mAh big size battery that provides 300 watts running to 350 peak power supply. It is equipped with 2 DC outlets, 3 USB ports, and two 110V AC sockets that help to provide power supply to CPAP machines, TV, fan, vacuum, mini-fridges, and other electronic devices for a long time.
It can be charged up from solar power within 7 to 8 hrs, wall outlet within 5 to 6 hrs, and car charger within 6 hrs. It weighs only 5.6 pounds and has a handle to carry the portable power station for camping, tailgating, RV’s project, and outdoor parties. It has three 20000 mAh battery that provides 60000 mAh non-stop power supply, making it the most powerful portable solar generator.
Its 60Hz pure sine wave system ensures protection from over-voltage, short-circuit, low-voltage that protects the low sensitive device like phones, Bluetooth headphones, etc. Also, it has a cooling fan that provides over-heat protection. The digital monitor displays the AC output level and battery life. After all, it can be considered as the best portable solar generator for camping.
300W Solar Generator Features:
- It is equipped with three 20Ah, a totally 60Ah powerful battery that provides 300 to 350 watts power supply.
- The dual AC outlets, 3 USB ports, and 2 DC ports allow us to connect multiple devices at a time.
- It can be charged up from solar panels, car charger, and home outlets within 5 to 8 hrs.
- It weighs only 5.6 pounds and has a handle to carry it for camping and other outdoor activities.
- Its pure sine wave system and cooling fan ensure over-voltage, short circuit and overheat protection.
4. Generator Portable Power Station, NusGear 155Wh 42000mAh Camping Solar Generator
The NusGear lithium battery portable solar generator has 42000mAh capacity and provides 155 watts power that is perfect for camping, tailgating, blackouts, and indoor use. It has a 110 volts AC outlet, 2 DC in/out ports, 2 USB 3.1 ports. 1 USB 3.0 port and 1 type-C USB port that provides random power supply. With the power station, you can charge a smartphone more than 20 times, a laptop for 3-4 times, LED for more than 40 hrs, CPAP machine for 4hrs, and many electronic devices.
It can be charged up with solar panels, a car charger, and a home wall socket within 8 to 12 hours. It weighs only 3.5 pounds and is designed with a briefcase handle that is easy to carry with hands. The LED indicates the on-time state of voltage, power output-input that helps to understand the generator condition. Also, it is integrated with a LED flashlight that allows us to see the dark areas.
The portable generator has a BMS system that protects from over-voltage, overheat, short-circuit, and low voltage. It provides noise-free operation while running and perfect for CPAP patients. It supports 35 to 40 watts solar panel to charge the generator without spending money on electricity so that it could be the best generator for solar backup.
Generator Portable Features:
- It comes with a 42000 mAh lithium-ion battery that provides 155 watts rated power.
- The multiple output ports allow us to connect multiple devices at a time.
- It has a 3-way charging system: solar panel, car charger, and wall socket that takes 8 to 12 hrs to charge fully.
- The LED flashlight and display shows the power level and lighting in the dark area.
- It has a BMS system that ensures protection from over-voltage, short circuit, and other unexpected accidents.
5. NEXPOW Portable Power Station, 178Wh Solar Generator
NEXPOW Portable Power Station comes with 48000mAh powerful lithium-ion battery that 120 watts running power and 150 watts peak power. It has AC, DC, and USB ports that help to supply power to multiple devices. Also, you can charge up MacBook 13.3 without using the adapter, iPhone more than 14 times, laptop more than 2 times, and runs a 32 inches TV for more than 2 hrs on a full charge.
It can be charged up in 4 ways to power up your outdoor life. The PD 3.0 charges up the generator that requires a PD charger; the solar panel takes 7-8 hrs, the carport takes 10 hrs, and the wall outlet takes 5-6 hrs. While running, it makes a low noise, which is less than a whisper sound, so it is perfect for CPAP patients and runs up to 4 hrs.
It has a BMS system and cooling fan that ensure safety from over-voltage, over-current, over-discharging, and overheating. It is constructed with flame-retardant metal that weighs 3.2 pounds so you can easily carry wherever you want. Also, it has a bright LED flashlight that helps to watch at night and in dark areas. It ensures energy efficiency with its smart power supply system to be the best budget solar generator.
NEXPOW Portable Features:
- It comes with a 48000mAh lithium-ion battery that provides 120 to 150 watts power supply all day long.
- The fast charge PD 3.0 port allows us to charge up the MacBook and other similar devices without an adapter.
- It can be charged with PD 3.0 port, solar panel, carport, and home wall outlet within 5 to 12 hrs.
- The BMS system ensures safety from short circuits, over-voltage, over-discharging, and other accidents.
- It has a flame retardant metal body and weighs only 3.2 pounds, so you can easily carry with you everywhere.
What To Consider Before Buying A Portable Solar Power Generator?
Before buying the best Portable Solar Power Generator, you should follow some criteria that will help to choose the right one. They are mentioned below:
One of the first things you have to look at to purchase a solar generator is the battery capacity. It is advisable to choose a generator with a battery that exceeds the consumption you have in your electrical devices. Make sure that your solar power generator is equipped with a lithium-ion battery that provides a high power supply for a long time.
Portable solar power generators come with a battery that should be charged up after ending the charge. The first option is a solar panel that can charge up the generator’s battery by using sunlight without spending electricity or fuels, environment-friendly, and money-saving. The second option is a house wall AC outlet that can charge up a solar power generator faster than a solar panel. And the third option is the carport that allows you to charge up the generator when traveling in a car. So, I recommend choosing a 3-way input system that helps to charge up the battery easily from anywhere.
Another very important factor in a solar generator is the output power that the current inverter has. If it is low, it will not have enough force to turn on some devices. Make sure that the working power of the inverter is enough to power the elements you plan to connect to the generator. Also, the inverter provides a pure sine wave that helps to run CPAP machines, televisions, and microwaves safely.
The weight range of the solar generator is 3 pounds to 40 pounds depends on the model. With solar panels, the weight will be increased, so choose a lightweight one that weighs 2 pounds to 20 pounds without solar panel. You cannot change the weight of the solar panel. Also, it is recommended to choose one with a handle that could be easy to transport without problems.
How much space do you have? Do you have a place to store it? Please pay attention to the dimensions of the solar generator to make sure it will fit in the place you have in mind. Portable solar generators are usually used in small spaces, and if you need a generator that gives you a lot of power, you can be surprised when putting it in.
By following these 5 criteria, you will buy a portable solar power generator to meet your demands.
Why Should You Buy A Portable Solar Power Generators?
For eco-friendly performance and several reasons, you should buy a portable solar power generator. The reasons are:
- Portable solar power generators are very easy to use. You just turn it on with the switch and ready to supply power.
- There are no dangerous elements in a solar generator, no fuels that can explode or cables that can cause cramps. Also, they have BMS technology that prevents over-voltage, short circuit, overheat, and over-discharging problems.
- Like a photovoltaic installation, a solar power generator does not emit noise and is so quiet that you can even sleep when it is working.
- They do not emit any type of smoke or odor, so that you can put it indoors without worry.
- Being small and relatively light, it allows you to take a solar generator anywhere for camping, indoor and outdoor parties.
For these advantages, you should own a portable solar power generator. Now, you can buy the best one from the above reviewed portable solar power generators.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have answered some frequently asked questions about the portable solar power generator.
Do solar panels work when powers out?
Do solar panels work at night?
How long do solar batteries last?
Can solar panel work without battery?
Should I wash my solar panels?
If you like to go camping, you are looking for an alternative energy source, or you are in a place without a power grid, portable solar power generators are the best option to get constant power. Here, we have rounded up 5 best portable solar power generators that will meet your demands.
In the meantime, I would like to recommend Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500 that comes with 24Ah powerful lithium-ion battery, produce 500 watts to 1000 watts power supply. It has 1 AC outlet, 3 USB ports, and 2 DC in/out sockets that connect multiple devices at a time. Its pure sine wave inverter and BMS technology ensure overload, low voltage, and short circuit protection to save your electronic device.