Solar panels for your RV is one of the best ways to use it as the main power source. Therefore, solar power is the perfect ways to outfit your RV to supply continuous power. It is an eco-friendly way to get power from a solar panel. Not only that it is simple to install and maintenance as well.
But you may stuck to find the best solar kits for RV if you don’t have enough time to research them. Worry not, because we have done the long-tiring research for you and selected the best ones that must suit your requirements. Yes, in this article, you are just going to learn everything you need to know to find the best one that will fulfill your requirements.
How Many Solar Panels Do I Need To Run An Rv?
It may depends on your requirements. First of all, you have to determine how much power do you really need to your day to day life. Then you have to consider the solar panels and their its for your RV. If you want to fully recharge your RV with solar panel, then you may need 2 solar panels that will be around 100 watts each to provide you needed power to run your RV.
Table of content:
The following table of content will show you a quick glimpse of our chosen solar kits for RV. It will help you understand what we have covered in this article.
- 5 Best Solar Kits For Rv Reviews 2020
- 1. Renogy 400W Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit with 30A Charger Controller
- 2. WindyNation Complete 400 Watt Solar Panel Kit with 1500 Watt VertaMax Power Inverter RV, Boat, for Off-Grid 12 Volt Battery
- 3. ACOPOWER 400 Watts 12/24 Volts Polycrystalline Panel Solar RV Kits
- 4. ECO-WORTHY 200 Watt (2pcs 100W) Monocrystalline Solar Panel Complete Off-Grid RV Boat Kit
- 5. XINPUGUANG 2pcs 100w Monocrystalline Solar Panel Flexible 200W 12V Solar System kit
- What To Consider Before Buying A Solar Kits For Rv
After selecting the 5 best solar kits for RV, we have compared them with each other so that you can better understand. Also, if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole article, you can have a quick look at the chart as well.
Renogy 400W Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit with 30A Charger Controller
WindyNation Complete 400 Watt Solar Panel Kit with 1500 Watt VertaMax Power Inverter RV, Boat, for Off-Grid 12 Volt Battery
ACOPOWER 400 Watts 12/24 Volts Polycrystalline Panel Solar RV Kits with 40A MPPT LCD Charge Controller/Mounting Brackets/Y Connectors/Solar Cables/Cable Entry housing
ECO-WORTHY 200 Watt (2pcs 100W) Monocrystalline Solar Panel Complete Off-Grid RV Boat Kit with LCD Charge Controller + Mounting Brackets for Homes RVs Car Battery Charging
XINPUGUANG 2pcs 100w Monocrystalline Solar Panel Flexible 200W 12V Solar System kit Photovoltaic Module Cell 20A Controller PV Connector for Home,RV,Caravan,Boat and Other Battery Charger200W
5 Best Solar Kits For Rv Reviews 2020
At the end of our extended-period of research, we have enough experience in reviewing these solar kits for RV here. And, we do hope and believe that you will end up selecting one that will best suit you. So, read on to the end so that you can get your desired one.
1. Renogy 400W Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit with 30A Charger Controller
Renogy 400W Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit is the best solar panels for rv because of its versatile use. Yes, you can use the solar panel kits for your RV, caravan, boat and also for green house solar panel system. It comes with Monocrystalline solar cell that will help you to save 21% of energy efficiently.
It can provide 2000Wh each day to run your RV. But you have to make sure there is enough sunlight. Otherwise, you may experience less than 2000Wh per day. In order to enhance the cell performance, it comes with advanced encapsulation material as well. Also, it comes with multilayer sheet laminations for better longevity and sturdiness.
It also comes with corrosion-resistant aluminum frame that allows you for extended outdoor use. Therefore, you can use the solar panel for decades. Not only that it can withstand against high wind up to 2400PA and can tolerate the snow load of 5400PA. The solar panel kits come with bypass diode that minimize the power drop.
Renogy 400W Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit Features:
- Due to its versatile use, you can use the off-grid solar panel for your RV, Caravan, boat, green house equally to power them.
- It comes with Monocrystalline solar cell efficiency and is ideal for 2000Wh output per day if you can use it in the full sunshine.
- Advanced encapsulation material with multilayer steel laminations ensures its longevity as well as durability and sturdiness.
- It is corrosion-resistant and can withstand against high wind up to 2400PA and snow loads up to 5400PA.
- The solar panels bypass diode ensures its use of excellent performance in low-light environments.
2. WindyNation Complete 400 Watt Solar Panel Kit with 1500 Watt VertaMax Power Inverter RV, Boat, for Off-Grid 12 Volt Battery
WindyNation Complete 400 Watt Solar Panel Kit comes with complete kit. Its 100 watt polycrystalline solar panel enables you to receive your needed power for the RV. It has 30-amp P30L solar charge controller that has also a LCD display to monitor everything. It comes with 40 feet of UL listed 12 AWG solar cable that allows you to connect them easily with your RV.
Therefore, it should be the most efficient solar panels for rv. It also comes with VertaMax DC to AC power converter to use the DC power to AC power as well. With the solar mounting hardware, you can mount the solar panel to your RV pretty well. Battery cables come with the solar panel to connect the inverter to 12V battery.
The solar charging allows you to provide on an average of 1600 Wh or 135 Amp hours of charge per day. In this case, you have to make sure that it gets proper sunlight on the operation area of the RV. Otherwise, you should not expect as much power as it may provide.
WindyNation Complete 400 Watt Solar Panel Kit Features:
- It can provide your RV with an average charge of 1600 watt hours which is enough to run your RV each day.
- The solar panel is completely designed for your RVs, Cabins, homes, boats, back-up and remote power use as well.
- It is suitable for a 12V battery system for a off-grid solar power energy. And, 1500 watt VertaMax inverter provides you plenty of AC power to run your household.
- 100 watt polycrystalline solar panel ensures its longevity and sturdiness.
- It can withstand against high wind and snow loads, therefore, ensures your RV’s continuous power supply.
3. ACOPOWER 400 Watts 12/24 Volts Polycrystalline Panel Solar RV Kits
ACOPOWER 400 Watts 12/24 Volts Polycrystalline Panel Solar RV Kits is considered to be the best solar panels for rv roof. Yes, you can install the solar panel to your RV and get proper power supply for your needs. It comes with 4PCs ACOPOWER 120-watt polycrystalline solar panel that will ensure its longevity and sturdiness.
With the MPPT solar charge, you can adjust the settings. Also there is a LCD monitor that shows you voltage, solar panel status, battery state of charge and DC load draw which is a cool feature to monitor everything of the solar panel.
This solar panel is also designed for your RV, cabins, homes, boats, back-up and remote power use. For 12V battery charging, you can wire these solar panel. Not only that you can also do the same thing for a 24V battery charging. Its multi-function LCD display allows you to monitor everything of the solar panel.
ACOPOWER 400 Watts 12/24 Volts Polycrystalline Panel Solar RV Kits Features:
- The solar panel comes with MPPT solar charge controller which allows you to adjust the settings comfortably.
- It is compatible with AGM, gel, lead acid and lithium batteries so that you can use for any of them effortlessly.
- It is versatile in use, therefore, you can use it for your RV, cabins, boats, homes and back-up and remote use.
- Also, it can be wired in parallel for 12V battery charging as well as for 24V battery charging in series.
- Easy controlling by PC software or remote meter MT-50 enables its user to contro the solar panel easily.
4. ECO-WORTHY 200 Watt (2pcs 100W) Monocrystalline Solar Panel Complete Off-Grid RV Boat Kit
ECO-WORTHY 200 Watt solar panel kit is suitable for off-grid use and you can receive a daily output of 100wh per day that is enough to run your RV comfortably. Not only that you can use these solar panel to charge 12V battery or 24V battery. Therefore, it should be considered to be the best 200 watt rv solar kit.
To get 200wh power for your rv daily, you have to make sure that it gets enough sunshine to produce the energy you need. The solar panel offers short-circuit protection that enables you to fight against any inconvenience while operating the solar panel. Therefore, it becomes safer in comparison to other solar panel out there in the market.
It also comes with 20A charge controller with built-in LCD display to help you monitor everything. Also, its dual USB port allow you to use them separately. According to your battery voltage, it will automatically connect to 12v or 24 volt battery charging.
ECO-WORTHY 200 Watt solar panel kit Features:
- It comes with 200 watt solar panel kit that is ideal for off-grid use on your RV. It is also suitable for various purposes.
- It is designed to be used for RVs, cabins, green houses and so forth.
- The solar panel can provide you 100 watt hours per day to run your rv which is enough to run the rv.
- If you are a new user, don’t worry because you can use just as plug and play system to run your rv
- Wiring sequence of controller allows you to be automatically to 12v and 24 volt according to your battery capacity.
5. XINPUGUANG 2pcs 100w Monocrystalline Solar Panel Flexible 200W 12V Solar System kit
XINPUGUANG 2pcs 100w Monocrystalline Solar Panel kit is the best flexible solar panels for rv out there in the market which can run your RV comfortably. It provides excellent performance using its high-quality monocrystalline silicon cells. Therefore, it ensures the longevity and durability as well as sturdiness of the panel. Even in low light condition, you can operate the solar panel.
If you are in search of the best 100w solar panel kit, it should be one that you might be searching for hours. Being high durable, it can withstand against high wind and snow load at the place of its operation. In the extreme temperatures, the solar panel can provide enough energy for your rv so that you don’t have to worry about it.
As the surface of your RV, boat, yatch and so forth is curved, it is flexible to fit all of them. Not only that you can also install it on the tent, trailer, golf cart and any other irregular surface due to its curved and flexible design. Advanced encapsulation material with multi-layered sheet laminations help to enhance the longevity of the cell.
XINPUGUANG 2pcs 100w Monocrystalline Solar Panel kit Features:
- Its high quality monocrystalline silicon cells make the solar panel more durable and sturdy so that it can work better in any circumstances.
- It can withstand against high wind and snow loads, therefore, you can use the solar panel in any circumstance of weather as well.
- Being flexible, you can use it on any curve surface such as yatch, rv, golf cart and any curve surface similar to them.
- Advanced encapsulation material with multi-layered sheet laminations helps the solar panel perform better in any situation.
- Also, its silicon solar cells helps you to receive high performance even in the low light conditions.
What To Consider Before Buying A Solar Kits For Rv
Though finding the best solar kits for RV is not so difficult for you, you need to consider a few important things before you go to purchase one. Otherwise, you may end up buying a wrong one that will not ultimately fulfill your needs.
We are here to help you out to finding the best one that must meet your requirements. Through this article, we are just going to solve the puzzle for you.
Consider its battery:
Battery is an important thing to consider for buying a solar panel. Because it will determine how much charge you need for a day in the RV. Therefore, you have to choose its voltage capacity as well. In a RV, there usually have a 12 Volt battery for running the RV.
When you use the charge of the battery, you have to make sure that you do not fully discharge the battery fully.
Solar panels are not always going to produce as much charge as you may need steadily. Therefore, you need nothing but a charge controller. You can use the charge of the battery and control the charge depending on the battery’s situation. A RV solar kit charge controller shows you a readout of the charge and you can fix the settings.
This is the most important things you should consider before buying one for your RV. Because it has been used to capture the energy from the sunlight. Therefore, you have to make sure that you are operating the solar panel where there is plenty of sunlight to charge the solar panel’s batteries.
These solar panes are of two types including monocystalline panels and polycrystalline panels. One uses purified silicon to make it more effective and more costly while other is less pure crystalline structure which may reduce the cost.
A power inverter allows you to invert the DC energy to AC energy and vice versa. Therefore, you can use these power in both ways to run your RV. Converting the DC current into AC, you can use some devices and appliances you want including TV, a coffee maker, a laptop and so on.
Why Should You Buy A Solar Kits For Rv
You should buy a solar panel kits for many reasons. Below are some of them.
- You need to run your RV, therefore, you need to install a solar panel on the top of your RV.
- Not only that you may want to run your house, green house, boat, and so forth with a solar panel. That’s why; you need to install a solar panel on the roof of the rv.
- A solar panel will assist you to run other devices in your RV including TV, coffee maker, a laptop and so forth. Therefore, a solar panel can produce needed power to operate them.
- You may need to produce plants and vegetables inside your green house project, there you can use a solar panel to get the best results.
- Whether it is rain or shine, you can run your RV by installing a solar panel just on the roof the RV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions with answers so that you can learn more.
What will a 100 watt solar panel kit run?
A 100 watt solar panel can run a RV.
Can you run an RV air conditioner with solar power?
Yes, you can run an RV air conditioner with solar panel, but make sure it produces needed energy.
How many solar panels do I need to run an RV refrigerator?
You may require at least two solar panel to run a RV refrigerator.
How long will a 12 volt battery run a RV refrigerator?
A 12 Volt battery can run a RV refrigerator for around 4 to 5 hours.
How many solar panels do I need to run my RV AC?
You may need two to three solar panels to run your RV AC.
Now you choose your best solar kits for RV because you have enough knowledge on choosing the best one that will run your RV. If not, let’s recommend. We recommend you to purchase Renogy 400W Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit.
Because it can provide you the needed energy to run your RV. Not only that it can produce 2000wh per day if you can ensure complete sunshine. Also, it can withstand against high winds and snow loads, therefore, it is durable and sturdier.