The first thing you should consider before going to buy the best solar panel for campers is its ability to provide equal service in any weather and light condition. Some advanced features and used technology are also essential to check. We will discuss some of the high performing solar panels in this article that are also very portable and easy to install.
All the solar panels in the list will let you connect with your campers, RV, boat, yacht, and many other things in series or parallel method. Some will also offer you to extend the capacity. Some have the bending feature for connecting with the curved surfaces. So you will get plenty of options to choose from. So let’s start the review of the best solar panels on the market and see which one can meet most of your needs.
How Do Solar Panels Work On A Campervan?
A solar panel is one of the best alternatives to power your campervan. Though many wonder how a solar panel can work on a campervan, the reality is it works nicely in it, and you will get adequate support from a solar panel. The basic functioning procedures of a solar panel for your campervan are similar to other messages. However, here is a few steps about how does it work on a campervan:
- When you attach a solar panel to your campervan, the silicon cells of the panel first absorb solar radiation.
- Then it converts solar radiation or sunlight into electric energy.
- Finally, this electric energy transmits to your camper battery through connectors.
Note: In the above section, we have briefly described how a solar panel works on a campervan. But if you want to know about which one you should choose, you can read this article- what solar panel do I need?
Table of Content:
We have added below the table of content so that you will have easy navigation benefits. It will also help you get an overall idea of this content quickly.
- 5 Best Solar Panels For Campers Reviews 2021
- 1. ACOPOWER 100W Portable Solar Panel Kit, Waterproof 20A Charge Controller for Both 12V Battery and Generator
- 2. Roll over image to zoom in RICH SOLAR 170 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel
- 3. XINPUGUANG 2pcs 100w Monocrystalline Solar Panel Flexible 200W 12V Solar System kit
- 4. Winnewsun Flexible Solar Panel, SunPower Solar Panel 100w 18V 12V
- 5. Renogy 200 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Bundle Kit w/ 100w Solar Panel
- What To Consider Before Buying A Solar Panels For Campers?
We have included the comparison chart to offer you added benefits. This chart will help you compare different solar panels quickly and get key knowledge about different models. It will help you to come up with a quick decision.
5 Best Solar Panels For Campers Reviews 2021
In this list, you will get to know about different brands and models of solar panels for your campers. The capacity of these panels also differs from one another. So you can choose the one that meets your needs and capacity.
1. ACOPOWER 100W Portable Solar Panel Kit, Waterproof 20A Charge Controller for Both 12V Battery and Generator
ACOPOWER 100W Portable Solar Panel is instantly ready to use in your battery and generator in three different ways. In one way, with a built-in charge controller, you can use it for your 12 V battery. In another way, you can use it for your solar generator or caravan through the MC-4 connector. And finally, you can charge your solar generator and battery with it at the same time.
Such a variety of options have made this unit the best solar panel kit for campervan. Not only that, but the waterproof feature has also made it a good option to choose. It can perform the same in water as well. On its back, a 20A waterproof charge controller is attached that works in any weather condition.
Two 50 watts solar panels are attached in pairs to offer better portability. With the pre-installed stand, you will also be able to install and set up this solar panel easily. You can comfortably connect this panel with camper, RV, trailer battery, etc. using MC-4 connectors and Anderson plug, which is why it’s considered the most efficient solar panels.
ACOPOWER 100W Features:
- It gets instantly ready to be used in your battery and generator through built-in charge controllers and MC-4 connectors.
- A 20A waterproof charge controller on the back will provide you service in any weather condition.
- It’s very easy to carry and move as two solar panels come in pairs.
- You can double the capacity of the solar system using a 20A charge controller.
- The solar panel comes with special features to power two different types of batteries at once.
2. Roll over image to zoom in RICH SOLAR 170 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel
RICH SOLAR 170 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel is one of the best camper van solar panels that can work equally great with RICH technology in both low light and cloudy conditions as well as a normal condition. It also provides the same performance in the morning and evening. With quick-connect cables, you can use it in series or parallel.
It’s one of the highest efficiency solar panels that can generate 9.2 amp power and charge a 12-volt battery. It lasts for a longer time with durable and anti-reflective coated tempered glass. This glass has a high transmission capability to transfer power easily and quickly. Its anodized aluminum frame also protects the panel and offers higher longevity.
You will get 14 pre-drilled holes in this panel that are compatible with ground mounts. It will help you install and set up this comfortably with no issue. These holes are also suitable for Z-brackets, side pole mounts, and tilt mounts to help you quickly install. Plus, its standard size will be another good option for you.
Roll over image Features:
- It works great in any weather condition with its RICH specialized technology.
- The quick-connect cables help you use the solar panel both in series or parallel ways.
- It’s constructed with strong and high transmission anti-reflective coated glass to offer you better durability and performance.
- The installation is fast and easy, with its 14 pre-drilled holes and easy mounting system.
- Its anodized aluminum frame will tolerate external pressure and protect the panel.
3. XINPUGUANG 2pcs 100w Monocrystalline Solar Panel Flexible 200W 12V Solar System kit
XINPUGUANG 2pcs 100w Monocrystalline Solar Panel is the best solar panel for campervan, Home, RV, boat, and other battery chargers with its high-quality silicon cells. It provides superior performance in both low and high light conditions with its Monocrystalline technology. Its solar modules can tolerate high wind-pressure, extreme temperature, and snow loads to offer you longer durability.
Many think it one of the most advanced solar panels as it gathers all the advanced technologies and features. Its advanced encapsulation material offers extended reliability. Plus, multi-layered sheet laminations enhance the performance of the cells. It’s at the same time flexible to use for your RV, campervan, truck, boat, etc.
Its unique functionality can convert light energy into electric power so you can use it effectively for any purpose. The ultra-thin feature of the panel will provide you comfortable portability. It’s 80% lighter than many other glass solar panels. You can bend it 30-40 degrees to fit it with any curved surface.
XINPUGUANG 2pcs Features:
- It’s very portable and 80% lighter than many other glass solar panels so that you can use it more comfortably.
- The high-quality silicone cells provide maximum performance and long-lasting durability.
- Its convert efficiency is higher, which is 19.6% so that you can connect more things effectively.
- The panel comes with advanced encapsulation material laminated with a multi-layer sheet to offer reliable performance and longevity.
- You can bend it 30-40 degrees to use it with any curved surface or instrument effectively.
4. Winnewsun Flexible Solar Panel, SunPower Solar Panel 100w 18V 12V
Winnewsun Flexible Solar Panel is 22-25% more efficient than other standard solar panels. It comes with an excellent weak light sensitivity feature that multiplies the efficiency of the solar. Installing the panel is also easy with 6 stainless eyelets at the edges of the panel.
The flexibility and good bendability have made this unit the best solar panels for motorhomes, campers, RV, car, truck, boat, yacht, tent, trailer, cabin, golf cart, etc. You can bend it up to 30 degrees to use it with different curved surfaces or appliances. You can use it for a variety of purposes and applications.
It’s one of the high quality solar panels that are superbly weather-resistant and water-resistant. So you can use it in all weather conditions, rain, snow, hot & cold environments, and so on. It’s developed in a way that you can use it in any light condition as well and power up your appliances.
Winnewsun Flexible Features:
- It’s 22-25% more efficient than other standard solar panels.
- You can easily install it with 6 stainless eyelets at the edges of the panel.
- It’s a very lightweight solar panel so you can carry it anywhere you need and wish.
- You will be able to bend it up to 30 degrees to make it usable for any curved surface.
- Its excellent weak light sensitivity increases the efficiency a lot.
5. Renogy 200 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Bundle Kit w/ 100w Solar Panel
Renogy 200 Watts 12 Volts Solar Panel is one of the best Monocrystalline solar panels that come with two 100-watt Mono-crystalline Solar panels that you can connect in series or parallel. A pair of branch connectors will help you to connect the panel in these two ways. You will be able to extend the capacity of this panel up to 400 watts using the extension feature.
It comes with a negative grounding controller that helps you with broader off-grid applications and safety. So it’s considered the best off grid solar system that especially allows you to use it on a vehicle that comes with a negative battery on the chassis. Besides, its aluminum frame is corrosion-resistant so that you can use it for any outdoor purpose.
A quality low iron tempered glass has made this panel more durable with outstanding stiffness and proper resistance. It’s also anti-reflective at the same time. This panel is wonderfully protected from environmental particles, higher temperatures, snow, cold, etc. with the junction box rated with IP65.
Renogy 200 Watts Features:
- It comes with two 100-watt Mono-crystalline Solar panels that you can connect parallelly or in series.
- You can extend the capacity of this panel up to 400 watts using the extension feature.
- Its negative grounding controller is helpful for broader off-grid applications and safety.
- The construction is highly durable with its anti-reflective and low iron tempered glass.
- Its corrosion-resistant aluminum frame allows you to use it for any outdoor purpose.
What To Consider Before Buying A Solar Panels For Campers?
There are some crucial factors to consider before buying the best solar panels for campers. Though we have covered all the factors while choosing all the models, we provide some guidelines for your convenience. Below are some crucial factors that you should consider:
Types of solar panels:
You will get several solar panels, such as Monocrystalline, Polycrystalline, Amorphous, semi-flexible, etc. Among all these, you should choose Monocrystalline solar panels as they ensure higher performance and longer durability.
Aluminum Frame and Anti-reflective Glass:
Before choosing your solar panel, you should check whether it comes with a corrosion-resistant frame and anti-reflective low iron tempered glass or not. Try to avoid the solar panel if it lacks these.
Capacity and expandability:
Depending on your needs, you should choose the capacity of the solar panel. If you need 200 watts capacity, you have to opt for the one with the required capacity. If a 100 watts solar panel is enough for you, go for it. Plus, make sure the solar panel has capacity expansion features.
Lightweight and Portability:
A lightweight and portable solar panel will help you to carry and fit it easily with your campervan or RV or any other thing. Some solar panels come with comfortable handles or stands to offer better portability.
Sometimes you need to use a solar panel for curved surfaces. In that case, you have to have a solar panel that can be bent. There are some models that you can bend up to 40 degrees to connect it comfortably with your curved things.
Note: In the above part, we have briefly discussed some important factors to consider before buying a solar panel. But if you want to know more details, you can go through this solar panel buying guide.
Why Should You Buy A Solar Panel For Campervan?
You should use a solar panel in your campervan for some important reasons. We all know that solar energy is the most environmental-friendly energy. We can use this energy in various applications. Below are some of the reasons for which you should use solar panel in your campervan:
- Solar panels are the most environmentally-friendly source for your campervan.
- It’s completely safe for your van as it’s developed with the latest technology.
- When you have no power source, a solar panel will offer the best to work in any weather and light condition.
- It will also save you money on energy costs in the long run.
- A solar panel is easy to use and carry, and it provides you durable performance without any maintenance cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many of you often ask us some frequently asked questions regarding the solar panels for campers. To provide you a better knowledge, we have answered some of your frequently asked questions so that you can overcome your confusion.
Do solar panels work during rain?
Can I connect solar panel directly to battery?
Can you overcharge a battery with a solar panel?
How many solar panels do I need to power a travel trailer?
How long does a flexible solar panel last?
If you want smooth performance from a solar panel for your campers, you need to choose a quality panel. Since we have included all the higher quality solar panels in the list of the best solar panels for campers, you can choose any model depending on your necessity. However, our recommendation is the Renogy 200 Watts Monocrystalline Solar Panel that is your ideal one.
This solar panel comes with adequate power to run your camper without any issue. You can use it for a longer time as it’s constructed with a corrosion-resistant aluminum frame and anti-reflective low iron tempered glass. You will also be able to extend the capacity up to 400 watts whenever you need it. It’s developed with Mono-crystalline technology to provide the same better performance in any weather and light condition.