The industrial revolution has made our life easy and simple, but the excessive use of fossil fuel is making our world worse. Air and water are being polluted for the excessive use of traditional power generating systems. The vehicles and industries are emitting tons of carbon dioxide into the environment. So the heat of the world is increasing day by day. You should choose the right type and size of the solar panel to enlighten the whole house. Knowing the types of solar panels separately helps to choose the right type of solar panels.
Types Of Solar Panels
Solar panels are popular for generating energy. The sun is a great source of renewable energy and eliminates severe air pollution caused by fossil fuel. Although the function of all solar panels is the same, there are various types of solar panels available in the market. All types of solar panels are made for a specific target market. Some are suitable for organizations and houses that require. Here I will describe the types of solar panels to choose the right type for your home easily.
Monocrystalline Solar Panel
The high-class monocrystalline silicon is used to produce monocrystalline solar panels. The quality of the silicon depends on the purity of the silicon. The efficiency rate of the monocrystalline solar panels is very high, and so the flow of the electricity can move easily in the in-cell of this panel. The cost of the monocrystalline solar panel is very expensive compared to other types of solar panels.
The Advantages of the Monocrystalline Solar Panel
- The manufacturers of the monocrystalline panels use pure silicon, and so they are very efficient.
- The efficiency rate is approximately 18 to 22 % based on different models.
- As the efficiency rate is higher, they need less space.
- The durability of the monocrystalline is very high and lasts more than 20 years.
- As the rate of generating electricity is higher than any other type, they require less space.
Polycrystalline Solar Panels
The melting raw silicon is used to produce polycrystalline solar panels as the purity of the silicon is less than a monocrystalline solar panel. As the manufacturers of the polycrystalline solar panel use cheaper silicon, the efficiency rate is lower than the monocrystalline solar panels.
The Advantages of the Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- The process of making polycrystalline silicon is very easy.
- Compared to the monocrystalline solar panel, the wastage of silicon is lower than the polycrystalline solar panels.
- Have a higher temperature coefficient in comparison to the monocrystalline solar panel.
Thin-Film Silicon Solar Panels
Placing materials such as silicon, cadmium, or copper are used for producing thin-film solar panels. The manufacturers use triple layered technology to produce this solar panel. The lifespan of the thin-film solar panels is lower than other types of solar panels.
Advantages of the Thin-Film Solar Panels
- The mass-production of the thin-film solar panel is easy and simple.
- The cost of producing thin solar panels is cheaper.
- The aesthetic appearance of the thin-film solar panel is very appealing.
- Shading and high temperatures have less impact on the performance of the solar panels.
Concentrated PV Cell
This is the new and super-advanced type of solar panel. The special design of the solar panels can convert approximately 41% of the solar light. A solar tracker is used to get maximum sunlight all day. The curved design of solar panels attracts any person.
This is the premium type of solar panel, and the cost of the solar panels is very high. Its built-in cooling system and lenses increase the efficiency of this solar panel.
Advantages of the Concentrated PV Cell Panels
- There are no moving parts, and the efficiency rate is more than 40%.
- The response of the sunlight is very fast, and there has no intervening heat transfer.
- It produces 1.8 to 2 times more solar energy than other types of solar panels.
- Its optical systems capture more sunlight within less time.
Benefits Of Solar Panels
The uses of solar panels are increasing day by day in the USA. They are helping to reduce air pollution as well as increase green energy.
- The solar panel reduces the electricity bill, and so the solar panel is cost-effective.
- Although installing solar panels is expensive, you don’t have to worry about your monthly electric bill.
- The maintenance of the solar panels is lower and sometimes zero. Just install and forget about the solar panels because you don’t need to maintain them on a daily or monthly basis. You maintain as described in the manuals of the solar panels.
- Using a solar panel is very eco-friendly in comparison to traditional power systems. The use of fossil fuel is contributing to global warming. Air is being polluted day by day for the use of fossil fuel, and so you should use the solar panels in your house or organization.
- The maintenance cost of the solar panels very low because you don’t need to use any fuel to generate energy.
- The solar panel can be used in a different place, and some of them can be carried from one place to another. You don’t need to access any energy grid to produce energy or heat.
Solar panels are a versatile product, and so the popularity is increasing day by day. Here I have described the benefits of the solar panels shortly. If you want to know more about the benefits of the monocrystal, polycrystalline, and thin-film solar panels, click the following link.
Note: benefits of solar panels
Frequently Asked Question
Do you need a permit to install solar?
What license do I need to install solar panels?
Can you walk on solar panels?
We have described the types of solar panels thoroughly and hoped you have got valuable information about them. Ensuring the green world and natural lives is the main concern for the leaders of the world. So, world leaders are encouraged to use solar energy. It’s high time to think of the alternative of fossil fuel as fossil fuel is damaging our lives and the nature of the world.
There are many types of solar panels available in the market, and so you need to know the advantages and disadvantages of every solar panel. There is little hassle to install the solar panel. You just need to request the local authorities and the building authorities to install the solar panels.