The people are switching from traditional power systems to the eco-friendly solar power systems. As you need zero electric bills and low maintenance costs, people are installing solar panels in the house and organizations. According to the Solstice, the total solar energy usages of America is 1.6 percent. The number of solar panel users is increasing day by day all over the world.
Solar panels are not only cost-efficient but also safe for the environment and for our houses. The solar panels save your house roof from any harsh weather such as snow, heavy rain, and excessive heat in the summer. So people ask “what solar panel do I need”. Our following discussion will help you a lot to answer the question.
What Solar Panel Do I Need?
“What solar panels do I need?” is a common question who wants to install solar panels for houses or organizations. Monocrystalline solar panels are the most efficient solar panels in the present market. They convert more sunlight than other types of solar panels. As the efficiency of these solar panels is higher than others, you need fewer panels to enlighten the whole house. So, you can set the monocrystalline solar panels in a smaller space.
If you have a high demand for electricity and no limit of budget, monocrystalline solar panels are the first choices.
Monocrystalline solar panels
The quality of the solar panels largely depends on the purity of the silicon used in solar panels. Monocrystalline solar panels are made from high-end and pure silicon. It can convert up 22% of the sunlight to solar energy that is the highest among the other types of solar panels.
- Who needs the higher efficient and more powerful solar panel.
- The houses need a high amount of energy to maintain the continuous power supply of the house.
- The people who want to make the roof with a darker black color should use the monocrystalline solar power.
- People who have limited space for installing the solar panel should use this type of solar system. As the rate of efficiency is high in the monocrystal solar panels, they require little space to install.
- As the efficiency rate of the monocrystalline solar panels is high, it is suitable for those areas where you get sunlight for a shorter period of time. High-quality silicon can generate more energy within some period of time.
Polycrystalline Solar Panels
Although the lifespan of the monocrystalline solar panel and the polycrystalline solar panel is the same, the polycrystalline solar panels are made of melting raw silicon. The efficiency rate is somehow less than the monocrystalline solar panels. People like this solar panel for its cost-effectiveness. The aesthetic appearance of the polycrystalline solar panels is appealing.
On the other hand, the polycrystalline solar panels are budget-friendly and give approximately the same efficiency.
- The people who want to install solar panels in a cost-effective way. As the price of the polycrystalline solar panels is comparatively less than monocrystalline solar panels, homeowners and small business organizations install this type of solar panel.
- Homeowners who need the lower power supply for their house. Although the price is comparatively low, they are not as efficient as the monocrystalline solar panel. They convert the sunlight less than the above type.
- The people who have no space limitation to install the solar panels. As the efficiency of this solar panel is less than monocrystalline, you need more panels to install polycrystalline solar panels. If you have more space in your room, you don’t need to invest in high-valued monocrystalline.
- Organization requires less power supply and gets the sunlight for the longest time.
- If you get sunlight for a longer period of time in your house, you can use these solar panels.
Thin-film Solar Panels
The semiconductor materials are used to produce thin-film solar panels. The efficiency rate of the monocrystalline solar panel is lower than the other two types described above and the manufacturing process is cheaper. The high-end thin-film solar panel’s efficiency rate is approximately 15%. The average rate of converting solar light to solar energy of this type of solar panel is 10%.
- The people who want to carry the solar panels from one place to another should use a thin-film solar panel. The ergonomic design and materials used for producing this solar panel have made this very light.
- The cost of the thin-film solar panel is less than the other two types of solar panels.
- If you have already the traditional power system in your house but you want solar panels for interruption of the electricity then you can choose this type.
Concentrated PV Cell Solar Panels
This is an advanced type solar panel and not produced in huge numbers. Only some solar panel companies are producing these solar panels and are used for the limited area. You need special legal permission to install this solar panel.
- Organizations that require a great amount of solar energy to run the organization.
- If you are living in an area where you get less than 8 hours of sunlight and the sky remains cloudy, you need this type of solar panels.
- The people who don’t have the budget problems because they are high costly products.
We have answered the question of what solar panel do I need and hope you understood the necessity.
RV or motos solar panels are special kinds of solar panels and convert the sunlight in the same way as home solar panels. We have selected some best solar kits for RV for facilitating your buying decision. Click the following link to choose the right solar kits for RV.
Note: Best Solar Kits For RV
Frequently Asked Question
Can I run my entire house on solar power?
The decision of running the entire house on solar power depends on the type of house, the demand for the power you need. If you are living in a small house and use fewer electric and electronic products, you can cut the traditional solar system.
How long does a solar panel last?
If you install monocrystalline solar panels or polycrystalline solar panels, you can use them for approximately 25 years. On the other hand, you can use 15 to 20 years in case of using thin-film solar panels.
How many years do solar batteries last?
The average durability of the solar batteries ranges from 5 to 15 years based on the quality of the batteries. So, you need to replace the batteries of the solar panels at least once in the lifetime of solar panels.
We can’t tell you exactly the answer to “what solar panel do I need?” because we don’t know the exact demand of power supply. But we hope our information has helped you to choose the right solar panel. The type of house or organization, the demand for power energy affects our decision to choose the right type of solar panels. The time-span of the sunlight we get also affects the decision.
The organizations and big houses need to install monocrystalline solar panels. On the other hand, small homeowners and owners of small organizations need to install polycrystalline solar panels. Polycrystalline and monopoly Crystal solar panels are durable and efficient and so you can walk on it.There is little risk of breaking the solar panels by getting a simple stroke. But don’t drop heavy materials on it.